Roadside patrols

*********Hi Welcome to Roadside Patrol Forums*********

Welcome to the Rac Patrol Forum, we are a forum run by Rac Patrols for Rac Patrols, we have no ties with the company and are totally independent from all.

To gain full access to the forum you will first need to send a PM to the Admin, instructions on how to do this is in the first post in the welcome section.

We look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Thank you

Forum for RAC Staff

: RAC

WANT TO JOIN THE FORUM? THEN PM ME (ADMIN) FOR A SECURITY QUESTION ONLY ONCE YOU ANSWER THIS DO YOU GET FULL ACCESS TO THE RAC STAFF SECTIONS

Err... Hello!

imthedevilsown

Err... Hello!

Post  imthedevilsown on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 8:42

Hey up everyone!

I´ve been meaning to visit the forum for ages, but had a lot on my plate this year... still not really able to spare much time in here, but heard the news about Otis and had to stop by and find out what was occuring! Please excuse any spelling mistakes... I inherited a Spanish laptop, and Windows Español thinks every English word is a spelling mistake!! I do proofread, but I´m not perfect...!

Anyway, I´m an AA Recovery Patrol, based in the south of England (not sure how specific I should be...!). Been doing the job for two and a half years and love it! Especially the "team spirit" of the industry (as opposed to the rivalries in haulage) although my faith is shaken a little by the recent experience of Otis...!

Hoping to get on here fairly regularly, but may be a while yet before I can commit enough time to it... so possibly catch up later!!
    tctopcat

Re: Err... Hello!

Post  tctopcat on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 8:54

Welcome to the forum....... welcome

Post  Guest on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 9:01

Hello mate, Im glad that you finally made it over and thank you for the kind words of support.
    I know how busy you are at the moment but just to have you on is a bonus, as I know who you
    are I will add you into the secure areas, there you can view other posts that are happening
    regarding the AA & Rac, as for the spelling mistakes, dont worry about it as someone will sort
    them for you.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    tctopcat

Post  tctopcat on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 10:30

imthedevilsown wrote:Hey up everyone!

thinks every English word is a spelling mistake!!

Otis has the same problem, so don't worry Cool
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 10:40

Recent events were a one off !! OTIS is a fanny lol...no seriously mate there is nothing to fear and no dont be to specific about where you work unless you want to . No one needs to know anymore than what you have given already.
    Enjoy the place and dont be afraid.....well only when OTIS is on heat which is 24/7

I started out with nothing and still got most of it left.

Running

Post  Guest on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 10:51

His faith is not shaken by the forum, it is shaken by the team spirit in the industry, I know the user
    very well, we speak quite regularly on Facebook and he has decided to come on here to offer me his support.

Again, Thank you mate. love1

Nonstart

Location : How the hell do I know!!!!!!!!!!!! probably somewhere near you.

Post  Nonstart on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 13:57

Whoo Whoo more yellow fleet party welcome mate
    jonny

Post  jonny on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 21:27

Welcome, ☀ ☀
    imthedevilsown

Post  imthedevilsown on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 8:04

Thanks everyone! Good to finally be on here, and to find a much more typical (ie friendly) welcome! I knew there´s Tossers in every walk of life, even Breakdown / Recovery, but I was shocked to hear of the recent Otis episode. I just hope karma gives that unknown idiot a good slap round the chops, or worse!

As Otis said, we talk on Facebook so anyone on his profile might know me already (think fridge...!), and he knows I´ve got a lot to deal with at the moment (not work related). I think I´m looking at months rather than weeks or days before it´s all sorted, so I´ll be fairly quiet for a while, but hopefully I´ll be getting more involved soon.

Many thanks to you all for the welcome, the yellows, the oranges, and the rest! Glad to be here!

Post  Guest on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 8:20

Nice one mate, I have taken the liberty of changing your avatar, you can change this in your profile page if you wish.

We are looking forward to seeing you on here more often but I understand everything that is going on so take care of that first. Very Happy
    road angel

Post  road angel on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 12:15

welcome to the forum :)
    snafu

Post  snafu on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 0:20

Welcome aboard Very Happy

Hope your troubles lesson with time....as one who is hopefully seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, god knows we all could do with less hassle Wink
    imthedevilsown

Post  imthedevilsown on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 12:09

Cheers for changing the avatar Otis, nice one! I only noticed when I made a post... cracked me up! I guessed who was responsible, as I knew I hadn´t done it! I shall be keeping that!

Quick question, how do you add a regular "signature" (or whatever it might be called) at the end?

Yup, things seem friendly enough... I think I was just in shock at hearing what Otis had been put through. Fair enough, there are such things as personality clashes and unreasonable dislikes (I always think of a Wycliffe episode on TV when he walked into a cave full of bats and said to the person with him "There are two things I can´t stand. Irrational Phobias, and Bats!"... think about it!) but to get (or try to get) someone in that amount of trouble just defies belief. Anyway, over it now...

Snafu - thanks for your comments. Explanation for you and others below!

It´s been a bad year for my wife and I. Since Jan 30th, we´ve lost a baby (miscarriage), lost my wife´s mum (less than a week later), had both cars (usually totally reliable!!) break down, and found a water leak under the kitchen floor pouring gallons of water into the foundations of our house! Then there was my charity event (Facebook users can see why Otis chose the avatar he did for me by looking at my facebook page, I can´t post a link as a new member, but type "Round The Island With A Fridge" in the search box...) which took some organising and some doing!

The Will is still in progress, and although the driers have finally been removed from the house last week, the repair work hasn´t been started yet, hence why I still have my hands full...! And once it´s all sorted, we´re looking at moving house and having a damn good holiday...!!
    tctopcat

Post  tctopcat on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 13:09

imthedevilsown wrote:

found a water leak under the kitchen floor pouring gallons of water into the foundations of our house!

Hope you wasn't on a meter mate Cool

imthedevilsown wrote:Then there was my charity event (Facebook users can see why Otis chose the avatar he did for me by looking at my facebook page, I can´t post a link as a new member, but type "Round The Island With A Fridge" in the search box...) which took some organising and some doing!

Link Below

www.facebook.com/roundtheislandwithafridge

Last edited by tctopcat on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 14:41; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added correct link)
    tctopcat

Post  tctopcat on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 13:11

imthedevilsown wrote:

Quick question, how do you add a regular "signature" (or whatever it might be called) at the end?

Go to Profile at the top of the page then click on the signature tab and type the sig into the box :)
    imthedevilsown

Post  imthedevilsown on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 14:30

Cheers TC! Found the signature bit (as you can see), and yes, we´re on a meter... my May bill was 2,043.15...!! However (useful info to know) the water company can apply a leak allowance (as long as you haven´t already had one in the last 12 months) which they have promised to do, so I should end up either owing very little or (more likely, as I kept increasing my payements to match my consumption before the leak went from a trickle to a gush) in credit... I shall wait and see, but after everything else that´s happened, I´m not stressing. If they end up wanting the full two grand, they´ll get it... eventually... in instalments...!
    Hobo

Post  Hobo on Wed 6 Jun 2012 - 16:45

Welcome to the forum. Very Happy

T

Post  T on Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 9:13

Welcome. Look forward to reading your posts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 4:32