Roadside patrols

*********Hi Welcome to Roadside Patrol Forums*********

Welcome to the Rac Patrol Forum, we are a forum run by Rac Patrols for Rac Patrols, we have no ties with the company and are totally independent from all.

To gain full access to the forum you will first need to send a PM to the Admin, instructions on how to do this is in the first post in the welcome section.

We look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Thank you

Forum for RAC Staff

: RAC

WANT TO JOIN THE FORUM? THEN PM ME (ADMIN) FOR A SECURITY QUESTION ONLY ONCE YOU ANSWER THIS DO YOU GET FULL ACCESS TO THE RAC STAFF SECTIONS

B+E licence ?

orangejunkie

Re: B+E licence ?

Post  orangejunkie on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 8:38

I started earlier this year. 3 weeks induction training in bescot then out un a van and 2 days off for b+e training. 1 and half days training then test. As far as the job goes morale is low at the minute as managers are targeting you on everything including things out of your control (travel time, sales, how many catastrophys you have to call a truck out for) the guys all say money isn't as good as it was but it's still more than ive ever earnt. Debts are paid and can afford things I couldn't before. I wouldn't go back into a garage now but bear in mind what the guys are saying about working hours. I sometimes go for days without seeing my kids cos I start before they get up and get home after they're in bed. It is a big commitment, its up to you to make it work for you
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 8:43

orangejunkie wrote:I started earlier this year. 3 weeks induction training in bescot then out un a van and 2 days off for b+e training. 1 and half days training then test. As far as the job goes morale is low at the minute as managers are targeting you on everything including things out of your control (travel time, sales, how many catastrophys you have to call a truck out for) the guys all say money isn't as good as it was but it's still more than ive ever earnt. Debts are paid and can afford things I couldn't before. I wouldn't go back into a garage now but bear in mind what the guys are saying about working hours. I sometimes go for days without seeing my kids cos I start before they get up and get home after they're in bed. It is a big commitment, its up to you to make it work for you
    100% accurate ! rock on 

I started out with nothing and still got most of it left.

Running
    Rob1984

Post  Rob1984 on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 8:48

Thanks orangejunkie great help. The hrs dont bother me ive no kids so not a problem. My only worry is if i get offered the job ive already got a holiday booked away so would have to get that week off confirmed before I started.
    Rob1984

Post  Rob1984 on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 15:04

Shirt and tie for assement day or that too much?
    TG916

Post  TG916 on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 16:24

Rob1984 wrote:Shirt and tie for assement day or that too much?
    its a must to be suited and booted, personal standards and all that!...also remember you are being assessed from the moment you walk through the door.
    im sure during my assessment one of the candidates worked for the rac so just watch what you say when you are left hanging
    around for an hour or so! i found just be yourself and be honest
    good luck
    tctopcat

Post  tctopcat on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 18:57

Rob1984 wrote:Thanks orangejunkie great help. The hrs dont bother me ive no kids so not a problem. My only worry is if i get offered the job ive already got a holiday booked away so would have to get that week off confirmed before I started.
    If the holiday is already booked they have to honor them  Cool 

TG916 wrote:its a must to be suited and booted, personal standards and all that!...also remember you are being assessed from the moment you walk through the door.
    im sure during my assessment one of the candidates worked for the rac so just watch what you say when you are left hanging
    around for an hour or so! i found just be yourself and be honest
    good luck
    Collar and tie a must, shows you take a certain amount of care in the way you present yourself.  What ever you do dont be negative about any previous employers to other candidates as the walls have ears angelnot
    Mr Blue Sky

Post  Mr Blue Sky on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 19:21

Rob,type in ''PTM meeting'' into youtube if you want to know what goes on at our head office...  Wink
    Justam69

Post  Justam69 on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 20:14

I went to the assessment in my company 4x4 , logo'ed up , stripes and beacons lol! 

But I was in a shirt, tie , trousers and shoe'd up !

I was bricking it lol! 

Post  . on Mon 4 Nov 2013 - 23:40

Robb, how did you get on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 21:31