Roadside patrols

*********Hi Welcome to Roadside Patrol Forums*********

Welcome to the Rac Patrol Forum, we are a forum run by Rac Patrols for Rac Patrols, we have no ties with the company and are totally independent from all.

To gain full access to the forum you will first need to send a PM to the Admin, instructions on how to do this is in the first post in the welcome section.

We look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Thank you

Forum for RAC Staff

: RAC

WANT TO JOIN THE FORUM? THEN PM ME (ADMIN) FOR A SECURITY QUESTION ONLY ONCE YOU ANSWER THIS DO YOU GET FULL ACCESS TO THE RAC STAFF SECTIONS

Thinking of becoming patrol

dn7688

Thinking of becoming patrol

Post  dn7688 on Sat 20 Oct 2018 - 18:05

Hi all,

Ive got assessment on 18th November to become a patrol. I have spoke to lot of you and got mixed views about being a patrol.
    I dont mind shitty weather and long hours as i do that now in my current job. Any advice off who is on here to tryvand swing me over fully if i am successful lol.
    dn7688

Re: Thinking of becoming patrol

Post  dn7688 on Sun 21 Oct 2018 - 15:19

Im not asking for answers or anything just want to know what it like for a family man to do this line of work. I do work away from home a few days a week as my area is south wales devon and cornwall then sometimes cover other parts of uk some of you will have met me as i do repairs to your equipment.
    glow plug

Post  glow plug on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 8:09

Hi you really need to buy into how it works. Shifts are all over the place. It’s really difficult to get req holidays. Be prepared to miss out on family life especially if you have young ones! I’m what you call a mature patrol family now grown up I’ve seen an awful lot of changes over the years. If you like working on your own and like a challenge you may like it. RAC
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 8:57

It's not a bad job.
    Long hours, constant figure chasing and measured from the minute you sign in till you leave.
    I'm 20 years in nearly and have no intention of doing anything else.
    My conditions are better than what new starts get but I believe they are still descent.
    The actual job itself is quite easily managed by yourself as long as you manage it... That's the trick. Wink

My biggest gripe is the cheapness of everything now... Waterproofs through to tools but it is what it is

I started out with nothing and still got most of it left.

Running
    dn7688

Post  dn7688 on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 12:30

Cheers guys like i said im away most weeks from home a few days a week so i dont get to see family all the time so dont think that would change much as will be better sleeping at home every night than hotels lol as for the long hours ect dont bother me as i can set off from preston at 2am and travel down south doing work and only get to hotel around 8pm the holidays might be a bit of a issue but would adjust to it will see how assesment goes only thing is not been mechanic since 2012 but still tinkerd around lol
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 13:30

Sounds ideal for you.
    Customer focus is more important than technical ability and we find technical training fills in any gaps where as customer skills are something you either have or don't

Running
    dn7688

Post  dn7688 on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 17:48

I find my customer skills are good as the rac is our customer so im always talking to you guys hahaha but on a plus note im fairly good at talking to customers as when i worked in garage dealing with customers
    chocolate spanner

Post  chocolate spanner on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 20:44

Admin wrote:Sounds ideal for you.
    Customer focus is more important than technical ability and we find technical training fills in any gaps where as customer skills are something you either have or don't

Training scratch scratch scratch scratch You are having a giggle are you not!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 20:46

chocolate spanner wrote:
    Admin wrote:Sounds ideal for you.

Training scratch  scratch  scratch  scratch  You are having a giggle are you not!!!
    At induction only Laughing

Running
    glow plug

Post  glow plug on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 21:46

chocolate spanner wrote:

Training scratch  scratch  scratch  scratch  You are having a giggle are you not!!!

I thought the same. Admin is special though Flasher
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 22:57

glow plug wrote:
    chocolate spanner wrote:

I thought the same. Admin is special though Flasher

I love you

Running

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 19 Nov 2018 - 12:21