Roadside patrols

*********Hi Welcome to Roadside Patrol Forums*********

Welcome to the Rac Patrol Forum, we are a forum run by Rac Patrols for Rac Patrols, we have no ties with the company and are totally independent from all.

To gain full access to the forum you will first need to send a PM to the Admin, instructions on how to do this is in the first post in the welcome section.

We look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Thank you

Roadside patrols

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RAC Staff

RAC

WANT TO JOIN THE FORUM? THEN PM ADMIN RAC STAFF ONLY

Looking for advice on becoming a patrol

neil wants a job
    neil wants a job

Looking for advice on becoming a patrol Empty Looking for advice on becoming a patrol

Post  neil wants a job on Mon 22 Jun 2020 - 12:40

Hi,

a job has become available in my area, I've applied and received an email saying i have to undertake an online 20 test. does anyone have experience on what to expect, are the questions technical or scenario based?

Cheers Neil
    Justam69
    Justam69

Looking for advice on becoming a patrol Empty Re: Looking for advice on becoming a patrol

Post  Justam69 on Wed 24 Jun 2020 - 9:54

Be very careful on jumping from frying pan to the fire mate !

Lots have changed and not for the good !

Poor management !

Bullying !

Profits through the roof !

Nothing passed to the patrols but sell more err sorry offer more !

Lack of holidays when you actually need them !

Plus other stuff I could mention but it would seem sour from me so will let others say their bit !

But I will say I still like the job ! Like helping and fixing cars and members problems too, satisfaction is still there when you actually fix one roadside !

It could be run a whole lot better and patrols would have better too but all they are interested in is profits for board members and private owners and management bonuses for performance etc etc but at what cost ! Unhappy patrols ! Patrols who would once upon a time bleed orange ! Have been turned into look after no.1 there’s no team work anywhere especially from ccs or bac tech etc everyone is watching their own backs !

We as a patrol force who do the majority of the work And customer facing and at times dangerous Jobs too but we are the bottom of the pile !

Sad times of a once great place to work and company!

My own opinion I stress and I will and cannot make your decisions for you !

Best of luck what ever you do RAC

glow plug and chocolate spanner like this post

jon7968
    jon7968

Looking for advice on becoming a patrol Empty Re: Looking for advice on becoming a patrol

Post  jon7968 on Sat 27 Jun 2020 - 8:29

neil wants a job wrote:Hi,

a job has become available in my area, I've applied and received an email saying i have to undertake an online 20 test. does anyone have experience on what to expect, are the questions technical or scenario based?

I applied recently and did the online test , pretty simple you got 20 min and I did it in 4 min so it's not hard, did my technical interview yesterday via video call , bit more in depth but again nothing to hard.
    The online test was very basic so dont worry about that ,the video interview had various questions ,how to volt drop,benefits of electric handbrake, different sort of batteries, you then get some scenarios of breakdowns and what you would check
    Cheers Neil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Sep 2020 - 23:53